The United Arab Emirates said on Tuesday that two missiles detected earlier in its airspace had been launched from Iran, a statement that adds to existing tensions across the Middle East.
In a brief announcement, UAE authorities said the projectiles were tracked by radar and confirmed to have originated from Iranian territory. The statement did not specify the exact time of detection or whether the missiles were intercepted or caused any damage.
The disclosure comes amid heightened security concerns in the Gulf region, where recent months have seen several incidents involving airborne threats. Neighboring countries have bolstered their air defense systems and increased coordination to monitor potential threats.
Iran has not yet issued an official response to the UAE's claim. Analysts note that any cross-border missile activity is likely to exacerbate diplomatic friction between Tehran and Gulf Arab states, though the full implications of the incident remain unclear.
The UAE's announcement is the latest in a series of reports about missile movements in the region, and observers are closely watching for any further details from both authorities and international monitoring groups.